Program participants in the Address Confidentiality Program for Victims of Domestic Violence held by the Office of the Attorney General are eligible to have their entire voter registration record protected from disclosure under Sections 741.401-741-409, Florida Statutes. ACP participants over the age of 18 and eligible to register to vote may vote as "Protected Records Voters." As a Protected Records Voter, he or she can participate in national, state and local elections without endangering the confidentiality of his or her location.
For more information, contact the Office of the Attorney General Division of Victim Services and Criminal Justice Programs at 1-800-226-6667 or (850) 414-3300.
The following voters are exempt under Florida Statute 119.071 from having certain information appear in the public records (home address, home telephone and photograph) because they currently hold or have held, or are the spouse or child of someone who holds or has held, one of the following positions:
- Active or former law enforcement personnel
- Correctional officer or correctional probation officer
- Department of Children and Family Services personnel (whose duties include the investigation of abuse, neglect, exploitation, fraud, theft or other criminal activities)
- Department of Health personnel (whose duties are to support the investigation of child abuse or neglect)
- Department of Revenue personnel or local governments (whose responsibilities include revenue collection and enforcement or child support enforcement)
- Certified firefighter
- Current or former federal prosecutors and judges
- Justices of the Supreme Court
- District Court of Appeal judge
- Circuit and county court judge
- Current or former state attorney
- Assistant state attorney
- Statewide prosecutor or assistant statewide prosecutor
- Current or former human resource, labor relations or employee relations director, assistant director, manager, or assistant manager of any local government agency or water management district (whose duties include hiring and firing employees, labor contract negotiation, administration, or other personnel-related duties)
- Current or former code enforcement officer
If you qualify for an exemption under Florida Statute 119.071, click Voter Information Exemption Form. Please print out the form, complete and sign it, and mail or bring it to our office.